My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Thursday, December 09, 2004

First Thoughts

Hello everyone, I'd like to thank you for taking time to read this if you are, I appreciate it. This first post I would like to describe a revelation I encountered during one of my pastor's sermons. I think the main idea of this revelation was what he was eluding to, but I consider it a revelation for myself since this is the first time I've thought of this.
As some of you may know, we are approaching Christmas which means the birth of Jesus, our Lord and Savior, which also means we are in the Advent season which leads up to Christ's birth. What my pastor was talking about was about the Passover. What first started it was the people were told to sacrifice a lamb and put the blood of the lamb over their doors so that the Angel of Death may pass over them. Hence the name, Passover. (very original huh?) Anyhoo! There is some great things in there referring to Jesus Christ. Often times you hear Jesus referred to as the Lamb of God (who takes away the sin of the world if you're at a Lutheran Church on a communion sunday). So maybe your own revelation is occuring. But, what I'm saying is even though the Passover took place long before Jesus' time, I think they are hugely related. So, figuratively, Jesus' blood was in a sense put above our own doors so that we could be saved from eternal death. I know I might be alittle unclear, and it might be not making sense, but I hope you are understanding what I'm getting at. I hope this was what my pastor ment, I kind of stopped listening when my revelation occured. But this Christmas season we need to remember the reason for the season. This is the birth of our Savior, who has taken our place on the Cross and has saved us from the Angel of Death (Satan).
Well, I think you get the point so I'll stop rambling. Hopefully I didn't lose you, and well if I did you probably aren't reading this sentence right now! But anyway, Thanks to those that read this, hope you got something from it and will return to read more that I hope to provide for your reading pleasure!

God Bless,
Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home