My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Did Mary Know? I think so.

Many of you may be familiar with the Christmas song, "Mary Did You Know?" But incase you haven't heard it, here are it's lyrics:

Mary, did you know that your baby boy
Would one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy
Would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy
Has come to make you new?
This child that you deliver will soon deliver you.

Oh, Mary, did you know?
Mary, did you know that your baby boy,
Will give sight to the blind?
Mary, did you know that your baby boy
Would calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy
Has walked where angels trod,
And when you kiss your little baby,Y
ou’ve kissed the face of God?
Oh, Mary, did you know?

Mary, did you know that your baby boy
Is Lord of all creation?
Mary, did you know that your baby boy
Will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy,
Was heaven’s perfect Lamb?
And the sleeping child you’re holding
Is the Great I Am?
Oh, Mary, did you know?

(Mary Did You Know? Lyrics by Mark Lowry, Music by Buddy Greene;http://www.gbcne.org/outlines/sm971221.html)

Well, my revelation today is that, I think Mary did know alot of this. Of course she could never fathom the specifics of what Jesus would do with His time on Earth and neither could have we, but I really believe she had a pretty good understanding of Who she was carrying in her womb, and Who that Child she gave birth to would become. May i draw your attention to the Book of Luke, the first chapter, specifically verses 30-33. "But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.” -Luke 1:30-33 (http://www.biblegateway.com/)
The angel Gabriel has told Mary she will be with child and He will be great. So I think there she begins to understand, though it is difficult i imagine, because if you continue on she still can't believe she's with child as a virgin, but she begins to accept the fact. Ya know, and angel of the Lord is talking to her saying this, I'm sure it didn't take long for her to start to accept it.
Also, later, Mary visited Elizabeth, who was also pregnant in her old age. When Mary arrived, it is said in the book of Luke that the child leaped in the womb, and Elizabeth says, "“Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? ..." (Luke 1: 42-43)
That tells me that even Elizabeth had a pretty good hold on the idea that the child Mary was carrying was going to be Great.
Don't get me wrong, I love this song, it is one of my favorite and most loved Christmas songs, it's just whenever i hear it i think to myself, "Yes, I do think Mary knew, though not the specifics, I really think she knew." But again, don't get me wrong, my intention is not in taking anything away from that song, it is a wonderful song filled with the truth of Christ's greatness and glory.
Well, that's my little revelation for today, it actually occured the other day but i just got the chance to write on it, but i guess it'd be more considered a thought than a revelation! All well, have a good day, and OH! I don't want to forget, if you liked my writing, well...i have a treat for you. You should take a gander at my buddies blog, it's great, leagues better than mine. He has a way of writing that's captivating and engrossing and his real-life applications are incredible. He is truly a man of God, using the talents granted to him by God to their potential. Thank you.

God Bless,
Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home