My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Worthy of Christ's Love


I usually prefer to post things that I have prepared and put a lot of thought into. Most times, what I post I used as a devotion or even a few times have been sermons. Today I was talking to my mom, and her and I have several things that are similar about us, and one of them is how we view ourselves and the world around us. Sometimes this makes me annoyed with her when she shares her feelings about life or if she isn't happy about something, but I guess what makes me annoyed is not that she is saying it, but that I end up hearing myself say it aloud or to myself and then when she says it I end up saying to her what I need to hear, and I don't always say it nicely. It's weird and I don't know if that makes sense. But I had some thoughts from the conversation that I thought I would share.
I guess we have a worldview that makes it easier for us to say that something won't go right because we think if we believe that nothing good will happen or nothing will go right, it will prevent us from being disappointed but in actuality, it's easier to take occasional disappointments then to constantly believe nothing good happens.
Sometimes, I think that my own dissatisfaction with the way things are comes ultimately from my disbelief that a God as powerful and incredible as the one we have actually loves me and desires me, I constantly believe I'm not worth it because I thrive on the acceptance, or lack there of, from those around me. I judge my worth based on my friends, social life and feelings rather than the actuality of God's love for me. Does that happen to you?

In Christ,
Adam

1 Comments:

Blogger Daughter of Vision said...

These are truly beautiful thoughts.
Blessings

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home