My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Let me hear what you think!

I decided that i wanted to try something I haven't done before, and also i'm running dry with things to say, but I've been reading the New testament and coming across some great verses in the Corinthians and I just wanted to post them up here for everyone who actually looks at this site can see them because they have been a great help to me and I only found them the other day. I love Pauls letters, they are full of an uplifting gospel message for the shear fact of that's why most of them were written, for encouragement and guidance for the early churches that Paul and other missionaries had help to establish during that time. The are a great read, much like most of the Bible, but you get what I mean.
The first verse is 1 Corinthians 15: 58:
"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

Next is 1 Corinthians 16: 13:
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love."

And now, 2 Corinthians 1:3-5:
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows."

So let know what you think about those verses......comments welcome people! discuss! That's be cool!

In Christ,
Adam

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for God is an abundant flowing stream which all grace comes from I will write on your wall. And, because I went to Bible study last night and I'm all psyched! We finished reading Phillipians 1-3 last night. You should be all excited. Well, I don't exactly what you are looking for I guess. I know you want to discuss, but what you laid forth is pretty cut and dry. To stay firm in the faith of God will supply you with love, strength, and comfort. I'm not quite sure what else you want to discuss. They are very strong quotes that do allow you to think about the faith you should have in God. But alright, that's all I've got for you. Talk to you later bud,

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite from that book is 1Corinthians 10:12-13. Basically it says that no matter what we face in life, God ALWAYS gives us a way out. And that our fellow brothers are all experiencing the same and we should join with them to overcome the Devil's temptations...

But then if you think you're real good--go for 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. Good stuff---keep reading!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home