My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Do you just know of God, or do you really knoooooow God.

From my general studies class, again: We have to do journals, i think it'll end up being about 45 in the 15 week period, no big thang, but you'll probably end up seeing several posted on here. Well, I will be modifying it some since I do relate it to the class, and since most if not all of you who may be reading this aren't in my class, you wouldn't really understand..but here it goes..this is was I have been writing about. It is base on Chapter 4 of a book by Dr. James Dobson called Live on the Edge, the chapter is about power. I highly recommend reading it!

I thought the chapter was one of the more interesting ones, but I didn’t find it interesting until the very end of it when Dobson is using the David and Solomon story as an illustration (He tells of the story of David dying and giving his last words to his closest people and his son Solomon. The words are recorded in 1 Chronicles 28:9: "And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever." KJV. I am definitely one of those people who worry a lot, so I really like those “God is with you” kinds of verses. I just find myself really connecting with those kinds of verses, and really loving them. But the part of the 1 Chronicles verse that really gets me is almost what we have been talking about in our class in a way(it would take a lot of writing for you to completely understand, but my last post gives a good representation also), and that is actually knowing God (I don’t know if that’s grammatically correct, but my grammar checker’s saying it’s wrong! What’s the deal?) , not just knowing about Him. It really makes me think about how much I really, actually, honestly, truly, know God. I do know that I probably don’t know Him as much as I could, you would probably agree if you knew how I babble in class sometimes. I usually feel like what a car does in mud, just spinning my tires, not going anywhere, and not accomplishing anything but a deeper problem, or the hole. But I guess the thing of the matter is that I really don’t care what other people think I know about my faith, because I know that I believe that God sent His Son for me to die in my stead and for all of my sins because He was blameless in any and every way, and most of all not jsut my faith but all mankindd. I know that the faith I have has come through Him, given to me through the Holy Spirit,who has filled me with the love, grace, and mercy of the Father, and the salvation granted through Christ’s sacrifice. I don’t know how much more I need to know, but I do need to know God in a way beyond that, somewhat, the way I see it, a different way. Like Dobson says, a personal way, and I think that way is letting him lead me, bless me, and never turn my back on Him. I don’t know everything about my faith, but that’s what I’m working on, I am still spinning my tires in the mud, but I think it’s exactly what God wants, because out of that I can find a deeper faith in Him, and I know that He is there, helping me, Jesus is standing at the back pushing on my bumper, helping me along even though He gets covered by the mud, the dirt of my sin, He still takes it on. What an incredible thing. I really don’t know how much else I am supposed to figure out. I know that I am a Child of God, one of His lost sheep that He as brought back to Himself, so that I may follow Him Home.
The chapter was all about power. Well, here’s how I want to end this little Journal and this Power chapter, and I got the idea from the bottom of the bulletins at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Seward, NE, here, TO GOD ALONE BE THE GLORY (AND POWER) and I want to add…FOREVER. AMEN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just totally awesome Adam Joesph. Now that is more like it. You are a child of God and a very blessed one at that.

I Love you Sweetie, but God loves you the mostest.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!

Don't forget the people of Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi!

Abel
ibs treatment

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home