My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

He'll calm your storm anytime!

Well, I'm sitting here tonight working on my mounds of reading homework I need to do. There is alot of reading to do in college, it's not even funny! What's it all for? I think it's over kill. But anyway, the reading assignment I am working on right now is for my New Testament class and our 1st assignment isn't too bad, but it is to read chapters 1-9 of Matthew. So I am, and I've come to Matt. 8:23-27 and I have had the simplest revelation I've ever had! This section is on Jesus calming the storm. Here's what it says, "Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, 'Lord, save us! We're going to drown!' He replied, 'You of little faith, why are you so afraid?' Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. The men were amazed and asked, 'What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!'" (NIV)
The revelation that I got while reading that is doesn't it feel like when we get in alittle over our heads, and we have alot of reading to do along with all kinds of other things, it kind of feels like a storm of things and we can handle it and well, we feel like we are going to drown. But when we feel like this and have times like this all we have to do is just as the disciples did, go to Jesus, pray to Him, ask Him for help! It's really that simple. Jesus calmed that storm, piece of cake! No problem! He can do the exact same thing for you! And i believe He will! But sometimes we are so much like those disciples and are ones of little faith and with great fear, but why, have great faith in Jesus with little fear! Even more, we know that that no matter what, God will never give us more than we can handle! But do make sure not to show any doubt in the power of Jesus as it seemed the disciples did when they said "What kind of man is this?" because we know! He is our Savior, the Lord and Commander of all. I have hanging on my wall in my dorm one of those "And He shall be called..." posters and as I look through it I see some of my favorites, such as: Advocate, The Resurrection and the Life, Shepherd and Bishop of Souls, Master, Rock, Living Water, Bread of Life, Messiah, Teacher, Mediator, Carpenter, Light of the World, Chief Cornerstone, SAVIOR, The Almighty, Prince of Peace, Wonderful Couselor, Immanuel, Redeemer, Anchor, Bright Morning Star, and The Way, The Truth, and The Life. Just to name a few. And that's not even the whole list on the poster. But Jesus could handle that ferocious storm no problem, so I'm pretty sure there's nothing that we have that He can't handle.

In Christ,
Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home