My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Anthem of My Life

Wow..it's been awhile..so here goes nothing..
As you may have seen from my last post, my life is full of contradicting things. Well, things aren't changing. So much happiness but at the same time saddness, joy and disappointment. I've had enough. But I don't have anything to say about it because, it's out of my hands. I'm wrapped up in a situation that I want to work out a certain way, and it could, but not without many problems, but regardless, I have no idea how I will get to that point. That's probably confusing, but I just can't explain it in detail. But I would like to expound on the phrase I said earlier...the it's "Out of My Hands" part. Those of you who have actually kept up with my blog through the months (i thank you!!!!) may have noticed I really like to relate my life to songs that I hear. I figure that most of those songs are written because someone had been inspired by something that happened in life and most song writers do it for the listener to relate to the music, so i do it often. When all of my difficulties were beginning and I was trying to control everything but nothing was working out, a friend of mine told me about a song that they thought was rather applicable, and oh man does it ever. The song is by a Christian artist who may not be the most well-known but should be because he is excellent, vocally and instrumentally. The song is "Out of My Hands," by Matthew West (linked to his website). Here are the lyrics:

There you go changing my plans again
There you go shifting my sands again
For reasons I don't understand again
Lately I don't have a clue
Just when I start liking what I see
There you go changing my scenery
I never know where you're taking me
But I'm trying just to follow you

It's out of my hands
It's out of my reach
It's over my head
And it's out of my league
There's too many things
That I don't understand
So it's into your will
And it's out of my hands

There you go healing these scars again
Showing me right where you are again
I'm helpless, and thats where I start again
I'm giving it all up to you

Move me, make me
Choose me, change me
Send me, shake me
Find me, remind me
The past is behind me
Take it all away
Take it all from me, I pray


The first part I would like to draw your attention to specifically is the last 2 lines of the chorus, "So it's into your will, And it's out of my hands." When I see those words, I think surrender. That's all we really need to do. We try to control the situation and do all we can to make sure that it results exactly how we want it to but we need to not fuss over it, surrender and admit that we can't handle it.
The next part that I want to draw your attention to is in the 2nd verse, the whole thing really. But I'll 1st mention the 1st part, "There you go healing these scars again, Showing me right where you are again." The part I like most of that is that second part, showing me right where you are again, or showing us that He is there and in charge. The 2nd part of that verse has to do with the surrendering again. This is one of the best parts of the song when listening to it, the artist does a great job of portraying kind of a mood change and expressing desperate feelings. "I'm helpless, and thats where I start again, I'm giving it all up to you." The lyrics right there begin with the confession that "hey God, I can't do this alone," and that is the new beginning (and that's where I start again) of giving it all up to Him, or surrendering, submitting to His will. Well, I could go on for hours about the song, but really I just wanted to express my thoughts and feelings about the song, but I really want you all to make sure you get your hands on the song somehow to hear it (his website has the song on it) . It's a powerful and uplifting song that gets right to the core of so many feelings we experience in our daily lives. If i were to rate it, I'd give it an enthusiastic 5 stars!
Last night I had a releasing prayer and I feel a comfort now, my heart feels more at ease, and the anxiety has subsided some. And let me tell you, all i did was simply recite in prayer the lyrics to that song.

God's Blessings as you learn to GIVE UP everything to Him,
Adam

P.S. this is one instance where giving up is a good thing! So come on!!! Don't go on any longer fighting those problems yourself! GIVE UP! you can't do it! (positive peer pressure disguised nicely by negative peer pressure:>)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Hey Adam,
I do the same thing as you...listen to the words...find meaning with in the songs...thank you for sharing! I went and listened to the song...it is fabulous! God Bless!
~Kris

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home