My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Hills are for Climbing

Lately, I have had my share of "hills." As I go through my days, I find myself continually climbing hills. I usually get the feeling as though I'm never going to get ahead, or in this case, I'm never gonna make it over these stupid hills. But I know that I will, because of one specific reason...
As I'm sure all of you know, yesterday was Ash Wednesday. (REALLY!?) I had to work, but thanks be to God, I was able to get off in time to only be about 10 minutes or so late. I did miss the confession and absolution, which is a very important part in the service to become recharged in order to take on another day. But there was a lot that I didn't miss, including Holy Communion. I was so glad I made it, I knew I had to thank God. For the past few weeks, due to so much going on during the week, I was usually reduced to having to work on sunday mornings, thus missing church, of course. Well, when I got to the church last night and realized I had just made it, and especially for communion, a great feeling enveloped me, I got chills. It had been along time since I had been able to meet God at His table, and I felt Him there, waiting just for me. I knew the table was being prepared as I listened, catching my breath (I ran to the church), to the Words of Institution spoken by my Pastor. But it was then that it struck me, it was then that I realized what kept me going...me knowing that no matter how long it is since my last meeting with Him, He'll still be there. No matter how many hills I have to climb to get there, He'll be there waiting for me, encouraging me all the way. I also felt my heavy heart become light again as my realization sunk in, no need to feel guilty, He always knows when to expect me. After all, the table's always set, the food is always ready, I just have to make it there.
In the days ahead, don't fret while following the path over endless hills, because no matter what, He'll be there. Amen. Praise Jesus. Amen.

God's Love, Mercy, and Grace upon your trek,
Adam

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Adam,
Unlike you, I wasn't even able to run to church (and be all out of breath)...I made it to peer ministry and Wednesday devotion because my class got out early (which was more than i could ask for)...but missed the service all together. I know that at Memorial they are focusing on the chapter of Job and his life...I realized this is the first Lenten season I will miss worshiping with others and that this would be a great topic to kind of focus on because Job was put through so many tests...it kind of feels weird to miss everything. Isn't it awesome how we can come into the house of the Lord, sit down at his table and eat his body and drink his blood in rememberance of Him...and the ultimate gift, ultimate sacifice, ultimate sign of unconditional love that is Jesus? WOW
God Bless,
Kris

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read Luke 14:15-24 "The Parable of the Great Banquet"
God has prepared a table for us--lay down all excuses and itineraries, and accept His invitation...this is food we won't want to miss out on ;)

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home