My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Hidden verses. Number II

After Andrew read through my post yesterday, he told me another great verse that has hidden in the shadows of a much more famous verse. I have to catch myself from saying things like a better verse, but actually, not better, but just as good.
Today's verse hides in the shadow of probably single-handedly the most popular Bible verse of all time. A verse almost every Christian could probably recite by heart. It's John 3:16. (I'm fairly sure I don't have to post it, we all know what it is. But incase you don't, click on it..it'll take ya there.)But anyway, the verse that is so great, but is so often missed, is of course, the verse to follow. John 3:17 says, "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." I really don't think I have to say much, but I will anyway. But it's so beautifully said, and it's simplicity amazes me. God isn't hidding anything from us! (no pun intended) But lets take it all in stride, because I find myself so often when I even read all of Chapter 3 of the book of John, that I know verse 16 so well that I kind of recite it in my head and continue reading at verse 17, but am I really reading yet. Not really, because my mind hasn't been reading so it basically skips right over verse 17 with hardly any recognition of it at all. But lets look at verse 16 aswell. So if you have a Bible that actually uses two colors in it, and makes everything Jesus says red, you'll see that these verses and it's surrounding verses are spoken by Jesus. He's saying that God has so much love for His people on earth, that He would take His Own Flesh and Blood, His Son and send Him as a ransom for His people on earth. He's really sacrificing His Son, much like He commanded Abraham to do with Isaac, but of course we all know that Abraham didn't have to really sacrifice Isaac. But God loves us so much, that He did gave His Son for us, caring for us so much that He doesn't want us to die, or perish but live forever and always with Him in heaven. But Jesus pretty much mentions a catch, or the kicker of John 3:16, and that is the key part of the whole verse. So God sent His Son to die for all and save them so they can have eternal life, BUT! they have to believe in Him. They have to believe Christ died for them. Because salvation comes by faith in Jesus, not by works. Then verse 17 comes along, almost nonchalantly, and says, well, come on, Jesus didn't come to judge you, not to condemn you to hell, but He came for you, to save you from hell. Every Christmas, a guy from my church puts up these thingers in his front yard. One of them has a nativity scene and in lighted letters it says SALVATION, and then on the other part of his front yeart he has in lighted letters the words, "SECOND COMING, JUDGEMENT." That also makes so much sense though. Jesus came first ONLY for salvation's purpose only. No need to even think about hell when you've got that faith in Jesus. But then, when He comes again, He'll separate, the bad sheep from the good sheep, or the sheep from the goats. (Matthew 25:31-46)
Well, I think that's about all for that one. What a blessing Jesus is. Ya gotta see the Love in that. And then verse 17 being just as important at verse 16, they go hand in hand! And again, if you know of another set of verses where one is well know and it's next one isn't, put it in a comment, or let me know and I'll jabber about it if you want me to! I'd love to!

God's Blessings,
Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home