My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Monday, December 27, 2004

The Best may not be the Best

Today, my best friend and I went on what i would classify as a "Spencer Run." As in we just went to hang out, and buy stuff. (and get groceries and paint for my mom) I had some Christmas money and thought i would blow it on some stuff.
First, we went to the music store (The Music Connection..great store) to hang out. We spent alot of time there, playing the "best" guitars, and we also bought the "best" guitar strings. (and i got a free t-shirt) But after that, we went to eat at Arby's and then to Walmart. I bought some DVDs and the stuff for my mom. We did minimal messing around there. (Surprising..I know!) We then went over to the mall. Now, we spent alot of time here, going in and out of some of what some people would consider the "best" stores as far as clothing is concerned for the Spencer area. (side note: ...i didn't find anything..i'm not surprised) Then we went to Footlocker, where I bought some running shoes for track, what some people would consider the "best," Nikes. We made our way to JCPennies to look around, I bought a billfold and cheapo-not-the-"best"-mesh shorts. So, after all of that, some reminiscing with an old teacher, talking to some friends we ran into, and some ice cream, we decide it's time to head home. On our way out of town, my friend says, "hey, wanna go to Goodwill?" and i'm all like, "sure, you're driving." So we went, to a store that's known for its secondhand goods that most people don't want. Many of the items there were (past tense) the "best" and some never have been the "best," but none of it is now the "best." (Sorry to say..but it's true..think about it..it all was given away..so obviously somebody didn't think it was the best..so they gave it away) I have to say though, we spent probably the most time there, trying on the most hilarious clothes you'll ever find on that side of the Little Sioux. After all the time in the stores with the "best," we went and spent more time in a store that's not the "best" and I spent the most money there out of all the other clothing stores. (excluding JCPennies...department stores never count). I left there with an outfit that has seen it's glory days long since past...but it was grrreat (trademark of Tony the Tiger...hopefully i don't get sued) because I had fun doing it, and the pants and the shirt I got only costed $7.50 TOTAL! Highway robbery i know..please don't notify the police...it's too much of a deal.
But what i guess i'm trying to say is, that even though some stuff isn't the "best," it can still be good enough.
Well...i didn't really make much of a point. I'm sorry, i hope that didn't turn you away...if that was bad..then go read the ones before it...cause i think they are way better..(thought i was gonna say worse there for a minute didn't ya?!) Hopefully I'll have some less worthless posts for you in the future, but for now, you're stuck with this one. And if you haven't noticed..i kinda have a "thing" for "quotation marks." It won't happen again, I promise.
I just noticed that in all of that stupid stuff, I have said nothing remotely christian related...so here it goes....I LOVE JESUS..and umm..SO SHOULD YOU! there..yeah..alright! Ok, i feel fulfilled. I'll let you stop wasting your "precious" time. (OOPS! there i go again) Thank you for using your time unwisely! Please return, i assure you it won't happen again!

GOD'S BLESSINGS!
Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home