My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Ultimate trust!

To start off, just so all of you who don't know me well, I'm a Lutheran, which means I follow Martin Luther's teachings as well as I can in the church I attend. Well, recently a biographical movie of his life was made and also a biographical book that coincides with the movie was published. Well, surprisingly (not) I own the movie, and thanks to my Pastor who generously allowed Andrew and I to have some of his old books and those he no longer uses, I now possess the book as well.
I watched the movie last week, and tonight I began to read the book and have come across something great. Here it is:
As Luther was starting to speak out against the Catholic church and he was called to Augsburg to go before the Cardinal there where he would be asked to recant, or take back the things he said or he would be excommunicated or worse. Well, before he was to leave Wittenburg, where he taught at the University there and also where he posted the 95 theses, his friends and others were certain that Luther would not come back alive. But Luther didn't care...he knew God would protect him, he trusted. In the book it has a quote where he says, "let the Lord's will be done. Even at Augsburg, yes, in the midst of His enemies, Jesus Christ rules." LOOK AT THAT TRUST! Do you see how he just gives it to God. He wasn't going to let anything get to him. He knew that he had to do what needed to be done. He knew he had to stand up for the Biblical truths. I'm sure I could find other instances where Luther shows his profound trust in the Lord, but I haven't gotten that far. He's unbelievable. Gives us something to aspire to I guess, an example.
I now have realized, that is the kind of trust I want, the kind I NEED. Sometimes, I hear people say things like, "Have you prayed about it?" to things that I think aren't importand and are not significant. I almost seem to sneer at them and just shrug the statement off. But it's so true!!!! Nothing is to big for the Lord God Almighty, thus nothing is too small. God has a large grasp, but that doesn't mean He can't clentch small items also.
This is my deepest and most heartfelt prayer that I raise to my God. Please, if you so feel inclined, pray this prayer with me:
Heavenly Father, I thank you for always being there for me, even when I don't always come to You. Help me to trust You more. Help me to give any of my problems over to You. Help me to know that when I lay my burdens at the base of the Cross where my Savior died that I will be set free from them. Help me to trust Lord. In Jesus' wonderful name, I pray. Amen.
If you prayed that prayer..and not just read over it, take the time to comment and say you offered yourself to God for help. Let it be known that you did. Let all who read this know that you have offered yourself, your being, your whole self, to our wonderful God.

God's Blessings,
Adam

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Adam,
Trust. Trust is a two way street in any relationship in life (I’m not referring to this as a dating relationship…. even though it is important, but a relationship in general.) Our relationship with God should be the strongest one even though there are many days where I, myself feel so distant from Him. I haven’t seen the movie Luther, but you already knew that because I didn’t watch it at Rush either because a 1am viewing isn’t my idea of putting full concentration and thought into a movie that deserves time (that and I was spending quality time with a friend?) …. I’ve seen the old one a long long long time ago and have studied him in years of conformation and youth studies. I know that Luther had his ups and downs. He was only human that was led by God to do great things. The strength he had that the Lord was with him even when he looked at facing death was just phenomenal. Thank you for the prayer it was genuine, and heartfelt. I will pray it with you and others that tend to read your writing even if that only person is Andrew. May everyone take into consideration that the Lord God is a mighty God is able to take on even our biggest problems in life if we truly put our trust, confidence, faith in him.
God Bless you Always,
Kristy

11:25 PM  
Blogger Tom Vanderbilt said...

Instead of a comment, I would pose a question: What's keeping you from that kind of trust? What is your "Augsburg," that is the place where God may be calling you to go but you're not sure that you want to go there?

As one who has stepped out in faith many times and loved each and every experience for what it has forced me to become, whether I wanted to become it or not, let me urge you to step out in faith and learn from it.

For what it's worth.

Pastor Dub

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home