My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

ill...

AAAHHHH! You know what amazes me? There are only a few things that the medical field has not come up with a cure for, cancer and AIDS, just to name a couple. Well, there's another! THE COMMON COLD! Today has been a horrible day. Lemme take it back some...
It all started last friday when I woke up with a sore throat. Usually a definate indication of what's to come...a cold. Well, Saturday wasn't too bad, and Sunday I just had the coughs and some sneezing and Monday just a mild stuffy nose. Well, today, the ball dropped. I have felt like crap all day. I won't get into the specifics because they can get pretty disgusting as many of you can imagine, but I felt so bad that I had to leave school early and for the first time EVER, I had to call in sick to work. Another thing I wasn't happy about. Then, around 5 or so I started feeling worse so I decided I should check my temperature. And as you could guess, I had about a 100. I was feeling horrible, the only thing I could think of to do is lay down with a cold, damp cloth over my forehead and just try to sleep. I kinda did, after the head pounding and throbbing subsided some. So all night I've been fighting the sinus headache, the stuffed up nose, the runny nose, coughing...you name it. I'm like the posterchild for cold meds. Which only work sometimes.
Well, feeling so horrible, do you think I went to God? NOPE. How frustrating, all I was doing...and am still doing is wallowing in my self-pity! Here it is, the 4th of January, and I am already having a great deal of trouble with my, not New Year's Resolution, but my New Year's Challenge, which was to give it to God and trust. Well, the first problem is I'm not even giving it to God, so trust is nonexistent then. So I'm kinda frustrated with myself to say the least. I am glad that this snow storm has come so there's a good chance we won't have school tomorrow which will really help me recoup, but it'll be atleast a 2 hour late start. But I think it's God's way of helping me. Kind of self-centered, but it does have pretty good timing...but who knows!
Well, I'm gonna go take some drugs and go to bed and try to rest and relax. Hopefully if there's no school tomorrow I might be able to get an actual revelation posted!

God's Blessings,
Adam

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Adam, I hope you get to feeling better! I can do the whole mommy quotes if you want...get lots of rest, take your medicine, and drink lots of fluids....Hope you do really feel better soon.
~Kristy

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home