My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Stand firm..on and for Christ

"By standing firm you will gain life." -Luke 21:19
You may be thinking to yourself, "hmm..stand firm for Christ..I think I got that..but on Christ..??" Well, I would say that is a valid question. What I mean is that we need to stand firm on Christ with His strength. Don't make me pull out Philippians 4:13 on you..cause I will! (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me) Also, as the wise man puts his foundation (link to the real verses) on the rock for strength, and a foolish man puts his foundation on sand, the man receives his strength from the Rock, and I think it can go without saying that the rock is JESUS. (Just alittle food for thought) But that sand can resemble something too, I think the sand represents the strength we try to find in ourselves and from others. They can't supply the strength we need, and as the rains come the sand washes away.
Also, as the verse says, standing firm for Christ or standing up for Christ will give you life. But what you need to remember (I got this from the Life Application Bible again..) is that what Jesus means is you won't gain earthly life, you won't get 50 more years for doing really good, but you get that eternal, everlasting life, after death. Because, as we know, life is fragile and will come to end on earth, but that leads us to our eternal home.

I'm on kind of this, hymn frenzy lately. There's a hymn out there that is very fitting to this topic...so here it goes:

Stand up, Stand Up for Jesus

Stand up, stand up for Jesus as soldiers of the cross. Lift high his royal banner; it must not suffer loss. From vict'ry unto vict'ry his army he shall lead. Till ev'ry foe is vanquished and Christ is Lord indeed.

Stand up, stand up for Jesus; The trumpet call obey; Stand forth in mighty conflict in this his glorious day. Let all his faithful serve him against unnumbered foes; Let courage rise with danger and strength to strength oppose.

Stand up, stand up for Jesus; stand in his strength alone; the arm of flesh will fail you, you dare not trust your own. Put on the Gospel armor; each piece put on with prayer. Where duty calls or danger, be never wanting there.

Stand up, stand up for Jesus; the strife will not be long; this day the din of battle, the next the victor's song. The soldiers, overcoming, their crown of life shall see and with the King of glory shall reign eternally.
LW # 305

There it is, I hope you looked into the words. And if you're reading this right now...yes..these words right now, and you didn't read that hymn that this paragraph, yes this paragraph right here, follows...please go back and read through them, they are really good, and remember..I just took alot of time to happily type them out for you!

God's Blessings, Stand Firm,
Adam

P.S. I'd like to give credit where it's due...my pastor, Pastor Dave, gave me the idea, and much..well all of the material in a sermon last January that I actually took notes on! haha...:>

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the post. Just wanted to let you know that as I began reading it I started singing "Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus" to myself. So, I was very excited to keep reading and find the rest of the words in front of me. :)

Lydia

8:39 AM  
Blogger Tom Vanderbilt said...

Don't forget another classic hymn that fits My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less. The Refrain goes like this:

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

Rock On!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home