My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Thursday, January 20, 2005

It's like striking gold!

With my busy schedule of practices, meetings, homework, work, and all the other things that bog me down, I've still had the opportunity to strike it rich. Tonight I realized that some of life's greatest moments aren't necessary the best things or the most memorable. Life is so full of little surprises and little things that bring so much joy to your life, and you might not even know it. One of the greatest I can think of right now is just reading the Bible and coming across a passage that is so unbelievably awesome that sometimes you have to restrain yourself from getting out the phonebook and calling everyone you that you can to tell about it. But our days are so full of these mini-happytimes that sometimes they don't even register in our long-term memory.
Sometimes these joys come in some kind of instant gratification that doesn't last long but it was nice while it lasted. Or maybe you were able to see something and found yourself rolling on the floor laughing at something that usually isn't that funny, or sometimes not funny at all. But don't work to hard to try and recognize these simple pots of gold because I think if you do, then they won't be as exciting and you won't get the same feelings out of them.
If you think back and you can't even think of one moment in your life where you had just a little bit of joy momentarily because of something in your day, then your life is too serious. Lighten up! I'm sure these kinds of things happen all the time, you just don't recognize them because you're up tight or something. I don't know, just a thought.
But what I'm getting at it, is I'm starting to wonder if God isn't sending those mini-happytimes by UPS's same-day delivery in order for us to loosen up sometimes. I think when they happen most is when you're all stressed out and at the end of your rope. You may be so busy and you're being so serious and God's starting to think "well hey, maybe I am giving them too much, here's a laugh for ya!" I think so. I've come to realize that God has to have one heck (and yes, i said heck too) of a sense of humor. After all, he created comedians. (and me..cause i'm just funny looking) But i think sometimes he created an overabundance of comedians cause as the joke goes, 10,000 comedians out of work and you're trying to be funny. I love that joke. But well, if I haven't rambled enough yet, I'll start again some other time. Thanks for reading if you got this far.

Peace out yo (God's peace)
Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home