My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Just stuff to get off my chest

I've been really second guessing myself lately. Not just where I'm gonna go to college..cause really..I've made that decision, or so I thought. But so much stuff is coming to light now..and I really don't feel like I have the direction that I used to. Or that i thought i had or felt. First off...I'd like to say God's timetable of course isn't coinciding with mine right now...As it stands, me and my family have no idea how we are goin to finance my wonderful little "dream" education. so..God..you can lemme know your thoughts anytime..that'd be super. So..with me thinking "how's it gonna work out?" I have to think to myself also "maybe it's not for me then." but then what is for me? Regardless..i still feel as though I am to teach..at least right now anyway..but where..and to whom, etc. I know not now, but i'd sure love too. I've just struggled with how God thinks that completely second guessing myself is for the better. If he could stop it..that sure would be super. I guess patience is a virtue that sadly i do not possess. I blame in on society: a society of fast food and high speed internet. COME ON GOD! KEEP UP! I just don't understand...I just wanna catch a break once. It always seems like everyone around me it getting it all. So i have to think..what am i doing wrong that's allowing me to miss so..gracefully. I pray my ship comes to shore..and i guess i have a distant feeling it may..but with the way i feel now..i see it hitting an iceberg just a few hundred miles from destination. I guess I finally understand why Adam and Eve ate that apple...they thought maybe they would be able to know what God knows..to possibly understand! WHERE DO I BELONG!?..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie
You do need to follow your dream and God willing everything will work out. Let's just pray that the ship doesn't hit the iceberg.
God's Peace

8:27 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Hey Adam,
As your sr. year comes the end these thought will continue racing through your head and will continue running through your head way after your diploma has been handed over and even up to your sr. year in college. I know that you have chosen your school and what you feel you want to be, but don't let it limit you. I know from experience that no matter what school you are at you will questions how are you going to afford the education you are assumed to be getting...and whether the classes you are taking and the profession you are going into are the right ones for you....I have many doubts in my mind about becoming a teacher and I have been to 2 colleges and 2 universities....not once have a changed my major, but I'm scared to death of what will happen when I start my life after school...am I going to be any good at my job, what happens when I fail a student, not help them meet their potential...I pray that God continues to give you blessings no matter how unknown these blessings are to you...may he lead you down the right path...the Bible tells us not to worry (I know this is a hard thing to do) but I ask you to at least try not to stress out too much about your future.
God Bless,
Kris

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam, dear, I have to agree with everything Kristy said on this one. I am constantly questioning if I'm at the right place doing the right thing and how I will afford it. However, if you are set and keep plugging away at it, God will provide. And if you got the calling wrong, He will show you the right one. My advice to you is to keep with the original plan right now. Come to Seward, check us out, and if you're still feeling this way after a semester you can leave. You're not even out of high school yet. These anxieties are perfectly normal, but try not to get all worked up and let them rule your life right now. Enjoy life and trust that God will provide because He does work for the good of all who believe.
God loves you,
Lydia

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matthew 21:21-22 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
God is with you. He knows your fears and anxieties, and the desires of your heart. He will provide.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home