My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Student Teaching 2!


I am in Texas! What a trip. This last weekend has certainly been an interesting one. After talking to my dad at 6:00 am Friday morning while basically having a panic attack, we left at about 8:00 am from Seward and drove all the way to Carrollton, TX, arriving at about 6:45 pm. We stop several times to switch drivers, go to the bathroom, and for a long lunch with a friend’s “relative.” The drive went pretty well and the weather was beautiful. It is in the 80s today and we are to have another day or two of that (which is above average) and then a front will come in and the highs will be upper 40’s. I will say I forgot my shorts and I could really use them!
Today we went to the Church/School for an Open house and I was able to meet both of my cooperating teachers and get textbooks. What a wonderful, though slightly overwhelming experience. My teachers seem to be amazing people and the staff is very fun, so I think I will fit in while I am here. I will have 2 periods of Sophomore World History and then 3 periods throughout the rest of the day of Freshmen World Geography, and then 1 12th grade government class. The sizes will range from 10 to 25 students. I’m sure after my first week, I will have plenty to talk about. (Is that ending a sentence with a preposition? Because they don’t appreciate that in these parts…☺.)
I am enjoying spending time with my aunt and uncle, they are being wonderful and helping me “feel at home” as much as they can. I have settled into my room nicely. Today I called that room “my room” and my aunt joked with me about it. Today Aunt Becky made an amazing Sunday dinner and we invited the 2 other student teachers over. We had ribs and Becky’s special mashed potatoes (mom! Get the recipe!), corn, rolls, and ice cream for desert.
The internet situation still needs to be figured out yet. Uncle Wayne said that he would check with the neighbors about getting me a password, but he hasn’t done that yet so for now I think I will head over to the girls’ host home to get on the internet. I haven’t been on the internet since Friday morning and I am going through withdrawals and I feel all sorts of disconnected. Isn’t that sad? I am dealing though.
I know that my life is going to get progressively crazier but I hope to keep up on this as much as I can so that people can keep up on what’s going on since sadly I won’t be able to stay in direct contact with everyone that I want to. So if you are reading this and want an update and I haven’t gotten to it, drop me an email at adam.hengeveld@gmail.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

I wish you the best!
My prayers are with you.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home