My Daily Revelation Journal

Okay, I confess: "My Daily Revelation Journal" is far from daily, but what I have here is a collection of thoughts I wrote about life and about faith through the years.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seward, Nebraska, United States

Monday, April 06, 2009

In the Past

This was a difficult week, it really was. If you are reading this, then you’ve read about my trip to the northland last weekend and the greatness of that, well that really threw me off. All this week I was off or behind. Then I think I had 500 papers to grade, including tests. It was really just an overwhelming week. It was one of those weeks for me that left me thinking I need to be done right now and to have my own classroom (I put too much pressure on myself with being evaluated all the time) or that teaching isn’t for me. I am sticking with teaching for sure because I’m not going to let a off-week change everything, and I just know that there is a classroom out there that God needs me in and students I can help.
The highlight of the week was definitely the annual benefit auction gala for Prince of Peace on Saturday. Erinn and I were able to go for free to a $50 ticket event. I had to get dressed up in a black suit and tie, and there were a lot of rich people there. They had 100s of items in a silent auction ranging in price from $7 to “priceless.” A few of the priceless items were a autographed Clint Black guitar in a shadowbox; a Pearl Harbor movie poster signed by Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnett, and Kate Beckensale (I don’t know how they got that); and a framed set of pictures and autographs of Hall of Fame members from the Dallas Cowboys. There were some insanely expensive things.
The food was amazing of course. Steak and chicken breast, some weird potato stuff. Then the live auction had some insanely expensive things, valued at $1,500 to $30,000. We didn’t stay too long, we got depressed because they could have easily paid off both of our student loans…
Anyway, off to another week, the next two weeks are 4 day weeks, which is very exciting. I’m looking forward to Easter (he is risen!). Then the week after that, Friday will be my birthday and it will be a half day. Then the week after THAT will be the last day. So that means there’s 4 weeks left. Fast stuff.

In Christ,
Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home